COOK or COMMIS for All-Inclusive Resort in Okinawa
at Club Med
|Nationality of an applicant||Not set|
|Details of the job||Cook / Commis|
|Working address||Club Med, Kabira, Ishigaki|
|Requirements||1 year experience. English OR Japanese conversational level.|
Internationally recognized, All-Inclusive Resort Club Med Kabira, located in Ishigaki Island, Okinawa, is looking for cooks and commiss to join our international Kitchen Team.
Whether you are a foreigner willing to learn Japanese Techniques or a Japanese willing to share your knowledge and learn from other nationalities, we would like you to be a part of our team! Here at Club Med Kabira we offer a wide array of dishes from all around the world, but always keeping Japanese Cuisine as a highlight in our daily Menu. We serve Japanese food, Washoku, all the way from classic Sushi to udon, soba, ramen, tempura, etc. So everyday there is a chance to improve and practice Japanese Techniques.
Our restaurant is all-inclusive Buffet style, with a capacity up to 500 people, and a different menu for every day of the week. There is different stations where many options are presented, such as Cold Buffet, Salad Station, Pasta Station, Japanese station, 3 Dishes of the Day, Cheese + Yogurt station, Bakery Station, Asian Corner and Dessert Station, among others. Our chefs and cooks are people from all over the world, including Africa, South America, Europe and, of course, Asia. Most of the communication is in English or Japanese.
The restaurant opens to the guests at 7.30 hs and closes from 16.00hs to 18.30hs when it opens for dinner until 20.30hs. The kitchen team works different shifts according to their positions and tasks. For cooks and commis, the shifts are 8 hours per day, and usually “split”, meaning that they start work in the morning, have an afternoon break and have another shift at dinner time. There are different shifts which are assigned by the Executive Chef in a 10 days basis.
During the break time, the staff can leave the resort and enjoy their time as they wish, until the night shift starts. The accommodation provided by Club Med is located 10 minutes away from the Resort by shuttle bus, which runs all day from-and-to the dormitories. For the nature lovers, the island provides with beautiful beaches, forests, mounts, view-points and tracks to visit.
More information about contract conditions:
- Minimum contract time: 6 months.
- Salary: 1000 JPY per hour minimum.
- Accommodation: It consists of a 16 m2 studio apartment, shared by 2 people (Club Med staff) and contains 2 beds, 2 closets, 2 desks, 1 small kitchen, 1 fridge, A/C and a shower room. The apartment has a total cost of 10.000 JPY per person, per month, including all services. Applicants can opt to get their own accommodation but it would be on their own expense.
- Transport to-and-from the apartments to the Resort are provided by Club Med and have no cost to the employees. It runs every half an hour during the whole day.
- Food is provided at the Resort´s Staff restaurant at a cost of 300 JPY each meal. Lunch is presented as a Buffet and Dinner is a set meal.
- Extra: The Company can cover the Domestic flights within Japan as long as the 6 months contract is completed by the employee, and the cost of the flights is within the maximum limit stablished by Club Med beforehand.
For these positions (commis), Applicant must have a valid Working Visa for Japan, such as Working Holiday, Skilled Visa, Spouse Visa, etc.*
Must be able to communicate in English OR Japanese, one of the 2 is OK.
Must be able to commit to 6 months or more.
At least 1 year of experience in a similar position is required.
* If you are an experienced cook or chef and would like to get a Working Visa through Club Med, please contact us with your CV and a cover letter telling us about your work experience and intentions in Japan.