TEACH ENGLISH WITH IB JAPAN
|Nationality of an applicant||Not Japanese|
|Details of the job||ENGLISH CONVERSATION INSTRUCTOR|
|Working address||Vivit Minamifunabashi 4F, 2-2-7 Hamacho, Funabashi, Chiba|
|Requirements||BACHELOR'S DEGREE, NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER|
We are currently seeking qualified teachers for placements in the Chiba City area and surrounding prefectures. Full-time or part-time teaching schedules are available.
If you are already in Japan and have a Visa, there are immediate opportunities to start teaching. Apply at our homepage (ibenglish.jp) today!
___________ What makes our company different? ___________
1. No gimmicks: Our reputation as a reliable employer is important, so your contract is clear and you always get your salary on time. We don't use overly-complicated incentive plans that change your base salary. We also don't require you to meet quotas to be paid your full salary.
2. No surprises: We take a more straightforward approach to placement and discuss all the details with you before you even arrive. You will not find out last minute. Company expectations are also clear and described during training.
3. We care about our teachers: We're not too big, so we know all of our teachers' names. There is always experienced Native staff available to provide support for daily life (apartment set-up, questions about documents, problems with the trains - anything!). We also act a liaison for our teachers to make sure communication between Japanese and English staff is smooth.
4. Continuous training and follow-up: We want to help you grow as a teacher, so we won't forget about you after your first week. You'll even have the opportunity to team-teach with our veteran staff in the classroom as part of training. Additionally, our contract renewals have no limit and you are welcome to stay with us as long as you like to keep improving.
The IB JAPAN Head Offices are located in Funabashi City, Chiba. While most of our schools are located in the Chiba prefecture, we have positions at franchise schools located in areas outside of Chiba Prefecture and in Tokyo.
IB Japan is a great place to work for teachers new to the field and even for seasoned veterans. There are advancement opportunities for teachers that are effective in the classroom. You may eventually have a role in helping other teachers excel. We also encourage our teacher community to grow through social events.
<<<We value our teachers and want you to succeed!>>>
___________ Basic Qualifications ___________
(if you don't meet these initial requirements, your application may not be considered)
1. ONLY Native English speakers
2. COMPLETED Bachelor's Degree or higher (requisite for Visa processing)
3. ESL / EFL teaching experience preferred
4. Teaching experience with children highly preferred
5. Teaching certificates (CELTA / TESOL / TEFL) will improve your chances of selection.
___________ Our expectations ___________
• Maintaining a professional manner and appearance
• Lesson planning and organization
• Providing effective and engaging lessons
• Encouraging a positive and friendly atmosphere at the school
• Attending teacher meetings and training events
• You won't have to sell anything or meet quotas.
___________ Benefits/Contract ___________
• Full-time placements have an 18-month contract with full Visa sponsorship. Visa and contract is renewable. Contract renewals get permanent salary increases. Part-time placements are also available.
• Work-related transportation fees are fully reimbursed each month.
• 5 weeks of predetermined PAID vacation every year (2 weeks in August, 2 weeks in December, 1 week in May). 5 flexible personal days. 30 days of paid vacation in total.
• Full-time schedules have a 5-day work week; maximum of 27 teaching hours per week.
• Working hours are usually between 1pm and 9pm - all lessons are under an hour.
• Class size is limited to 8 students and you see the same students once a week – no unexpected schedule changes.
• In a typical daily schedule, a teacher will see 35% of classes with children under 5 years old, 50% Elementary and Jr. High, and 15% adult or other. We like teaching kids!
Recent jobs at IB JAPAN CO., LTD.