Software Engineer for the game company
at Wizcorp Inc.
|Nationality of an applicant||Not set|
|Details of the job||Software Engineer|
|Working address||Chuo-ku, Tokyo|
Wizcorp is a Tokyo-based game development company focused on providing complete development services (including early conceptualization, design, production and LiveOps). Wellknown for its cutting-edge HTML5 and mobile games, Wizcorp aims at creating game experiences that are always pushing the limits of what’s possible.
We do this by:
■ Telling memorable stories through highly entertaining games
■ Growing a team of highly motivated staff members dedicated to the ideal of better games
■ Defining and continuously improving processes to make high-quality games
■ Sharing our knowledge and processes with our partners and the rest of the game industry
For Wizcorp, making games is about doing what we love and having fun doing it. We are looking for people who are driven to create amazing player experiences by pushing the games industry further.
We offer a stimulating, international working environment in which knowledge is shared to foster personal and professional development.
Wizcorp is looking for Software Engineers for a selection of diverse fields. Depending on your background, skills, and experience we’ll find the most suitable role within our teams for you. We value human skills and character as much as we do experience and proficiency. Do not hesitate to apply if you think Wizcorp would be a good place for you.
A typical day for a Software Engineer II focused on console porting would start with an hour looking over some code with a senior engineer. You then might have the opportunity to look at optimising a piece of AI logic, discussing as necessary with a specialist in the area. In the afternoon you may spend some time working with game designers and artists to complete a feature integration.
The ideal candidate will be able to
■ Design, test, and debug own code without assistance from other engineers
■ Break down features into engineering tasks and work with other engineers to complete them
■ Have an interest working on both games and their surrounding tooling
■ Confidently communicate with all members of the company
Roles and Responsibilities
● Complete assigned engineering tasks in a timely manner
● Test and document provided solutions to allow other developers to review and learn
● Write clear, maintainable code that passes review by senior engineers
● Estimate own tasks and deliver them in a timely manner
● Raise all blockers when they arise to the feature lead or project lead
● Follow software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, and testing
● Take ownership of medium-sized features by breaking them into manageable tasks that can be accomplished by themselves and/or other Engineer I and II members of the team
● Coordinate with members outside of the engineering team to deliver features in a timely manner
● Strong software development fundamentals, design theory, and development processes
● Excellent debugging skills ● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Willingness to work as part of a team and contribute to technical discussions
● Eager to learn from reviews and constructive feedback
● Strong personal time management
● University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline; or relevant professional experience
● 3+ years professional software engineering experience
● Demonstrable Software Engineering ability
● Experience with Git or other version control system
● Experience with multiple programming languages
● TOEIC 788 or equivalent
● Experience with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or proprietary engine code
● Understanding of 2D and 3D math
● At least one year of experience in the video game industry
● JLPT N3 or equivalent
Business hours 10:00am to 19:00pm (excluding 1 hour break)
A flexitime system is in place which allows you to manage your own schedule within project defined core hours. Employment Type Permanent
Salary, raises and bonuses
■ Salary: Based on experience and interview evaluation. General starting salary for Software Engineer II is 400,000 JPY per month Includes a 6 months probation period. Salary is not affected nor changed during that period.
■ Salary revision: based on performance
■ No yearly bonus but incentive bonuses may be distributed based on company performance
■ Commute fees (up to 40,000 JPY/month)
■ Japanese & English class support
Holidays and vacations
■ Weekends and national holidays
■ Summer/winter vacation: 5 days per year (paid, applicable after the probation period)
■ Annual Paid Leave: 10 days per year (first year, following the probation period)
■ Bereavement/funeral leave
■ Sick leave: 5 days per year (paid, applicable after the probation period)
■ Social insurance
Recent jobs at Wizcorp Inc.