Global mapping Project Data Field Mapper
|Nationality of an applicant||Not set|
|Details of the job||Project Data Mapper|
|Working address||Fukuoka, Fukuoka|
|Requirements||Japanese/English read and spoken|
Global Mapping Project Data Field Mapper
We are currently working with a major technology company to collect map data across a number of APAC countries. The collection of map data involves walking through various Transit Stations and other large venues, both public and private, entering information into a handheld device. The work will require being very observant and conscientious, and the ability to think on your feet and enter data carefully and accurately is vital. This is a short-term project with an estimated duration of 3 weeks, starting immediately, with the best candidates being considered for other similar positions in the future on other projects, which may involve travel to other cities and regions.
This is a physical job, sometimes requiring walking quite long distances to observe and record data in all areas of the mapped facilities. You will be on your feet most of the time every day.
Those who excel in these positions are: GIS/geography background/students, Gamers, Bloggers, Vloggers, iOS/Mac users, Geocachers, photography buff.
- Must have capabilities to understand physical security protocols
- Must be polite and courteous and be comfortable with public interactions
- Must be able to walk 8 hours/day
- Must follow security procedures to safeguard equipment
- Must be able to read and understand instructions in the local language of the country of collection
- Must be articulate and able to accurately report issues with collection equipment and practices
- Experience with iOS devices and be able to troubleshoot problems (iPhone, iPad, etc.) a plus
- Fluency in English language
- Previous experience in mapping or other related fields a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline-driven and detail-oriented
- Good physical condition with stamina for long periods of walking
Salary: USD16 (yen1743) per hour
This is a short term project of approximately 3 weeks, 8 hours work a day from Mondays to Fridays. Only open to Japan citizens or foreigners who possess valid employment visas.. Training and mapping equipment will be provided.
Reimbursable unplanned expenses with receipts (for candidates who will travel)
Remote working not available
DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS THERE MAY BE A 14-DAY QUARANTINE OR NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST DEPENDING ON COLLECTION LOCATION AND COMPANY POLICIES!
Recent jobs at Voxelmaps